Websites I use - A to Z
These are the websites I use the most based on my browser’s frecency:
This post is inspired from S Anand’s blogpost.
- A is for amazon.in. Though I don’t shop too much, I usually use Amazon to browse though books and read their initial pages.
- B is bseindia.com - mostly for checking current stock prices and for keeping a track of latest corporate announcements.
- C shows one of my favorite tech blogs - codinghorror.com. Recently, have been visiting it more frequently to check the blog’s integration with Discourse. It is followed by cricket.yahoo.com, which I use to keep a track of latest scores.
- D is docs.google.com. I love to use the live sharing and commenting feature in Google Docs to collaborate on articles, letters and reports. For other writings, I prefer to use gVim.
- E is english.stackexchange.com. I recently read Strunk and White’s The Elements of Style; have been using this StackExchange to follow up with few of the rules mentioned in the book.
- F is (obviously) facebook.com. The runner-up is feedly.com - rss reader to keep a track of my favorite blogs. In future I would like to see Feedly climb above :).
- G is github.com - I love open-source projects.
- H is hootsuite.com - used to manage multiple Twitter accounts including @faltoo and @screener_in.
- I is irctc.co.in - for booking all the train tickets. It is followed by imdb.com for checking all the movie recommendations.
- J shows one of my favorite financial blogs janav.wordpress.com. It is followed by jpegmini.com, which I use to compress images in blog posts.
- K is kickass.to - for movies and music.
- L is localhost - a playground for all my development projects.
- M is (again obviously) mail.google.com.
- N is news.ycominator.com - I use it to stay updated with the latest programing developments. Lately, I have been using more of hckrnews.com for its better interface.
- O is openshift.redhat.com - for deploying new test projects for free.
- P is play.fully-faltoo.com - a custom domain used for testing different internal projects at different times. It is followed by pixlr.com/express/, used for quickly fixing the photographs.
- Q is Quora. I am not a huge fan of Quora but it is the only one with Q.
- R is Readiot.com - a side-project I have been working upon. It is like Evernote but saves everything in your DropBox.
- S is for screener.in - the project that takes most of my time :). It is followed by stackoverflow.com - my favorite resource to get and provide help.
- T is twitter.com - I like to keep track of latest updates through Twitter rather than watching news.
- U is ubuntu.com, an old and the only item in U. Now I like to use Arch.
- V is valuepickr.com, my favorite forum for in-depth discussions on stocks.
- W is webfaction.com - my webhost for all the production deployments.
- X is xiaomi.eu - an old one time item when I used MIUI Rom on my Nexus S.
- Y is youtube.com - I love to hear music and watch my favorite channels online.
- Z has no items.